- Alexander TrizuliakLovers 1961Bronze, casting, h. 110 cm
Courtesy of SNG P 612
Sculpture in Slovakia in the 20th Century
Concept: Zora Rusinová
The Slovak National Gallery is gradually building up its outdoor exposition of plastic art, in which the works of the most prominent Slovak artists of the second half of the 20th century are represented in the impressive English park, which sprawls across the landscape bordering the Poprad River. Thus the visitors have an opportunity not only to travel back in time but also to get acquainted with a significant architectural building, documenting the development of opinions related to housing and the representative and fortification functions of aristocratic seats from the late Gothic to Baroque-Classicistic forms. The specifically oriented exposition units allow visitors to appreciate the abundance and independence of the cultural development of the Spiš Region and learn about the depth of the unique work of Ladislav Mednyánszky. They can complete their art-historical excursion touching on artistic artefacts created in the present or recent past.
- Jozef KostkaSitting Girl1967Bronze, casting, h. 128.4 cm
Courtesy of SNG P 1153
- Ladislav SnopekReclining Torso1966Stone, cutting, w. 118 cm
Courtesy of SNG P 1054
- Rudolf UherVegetatívny motív (Vegetative Motive)1966Metal, casting, h. 77.5 cm.
Courtesy of SNG P 2602
- Rudolf HornákDreaming1941Bronze, casting, h. 98.5 cm
Courtesy of SNG P 1009