Ľubomír Ďurček, Situational Models of Communication
August 1 – October 13, 2013
Esterházy Palace, 3th floor
Curator: Mira Keratová
Situational Models of Communication is the retrospective of conceptual artist Ľubomír Ďurček (born in 1948) which develops the concept of his independent exhibition in the Central Slovak Gallery in Banská Bystrica in 2012. It focuses on his work from the period of “Normalization” of the 1970s and 1980s in Czechoslovakia.
This exhibition presents selected performance works which connect the social-political context of that time and refer to the social context of Ďurček’s creations. Some of the performance works are related to determining and defining the space of the found reality which the artist works with as a “readymade environment.” The exhibition includes Ďurček’s process experiments with writing, text, and typography as a sign and unique authorial books. His participatory works, which were created together with co-participants of events, including instructions and scripts of unimplemented projects, also form part of this exhibition.
A catalogue has been prepared for this exhibition.
- Ľubomír ĎurčekAnalytical Study of Relations. Man, Place, Time1979 – 80
- Ľubomír ĎurčekVisitor (Five Visits)1980
- Ľubomír Ďurček1976
- Ľubomír ĎurčekAnalytical Study of Relations. Man and His World1978
- Ľubomír ĎurčekGeometric Space1975
- Ľubomír ĎurčekROH / Revolutionary Trade Union Movement (9 May, 1987)1987